How clean and safe is your indoor air? Many people suffer from upper respiratory conditions because their indoor air is polluted by volatile organic compounds, dust, and molds. However, those who are hypersensitive to allergens are at greater risks from indoor air pollutants. The best solution is getting the best air purifiers 2017.
This post is a comprehensive guide to the Top 10 Best Air Purifiers 2017 to help you pick what fits your situation. Our team of experts evaluated the best air purifiers in the market today to establish their design, performance, weight, dimensions, and rating to help you make the right decisions. We went a step ahead to assess additional functionalities that every air conditioner can do to guarantee users of the highest value for money.
In addition to comparing the top ten best air purifiers, this guide also contains answers to the top questions that most buyers ask before buying air purifiers. The guide is comprehensive and will help you to understand personal needs, air purifiers in the market, what to expect and ultimately pick the best.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers 2017
|Air Purifier Name||Weight||Dimension|
|1||Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier||19.4 lbs||23.9 x 22.5 x 10 inches|
|2||GermGuardian Elite 4-in-1 Air Cleaning System||11 lbs||9.1 x 6.7 x 27.6 inches|
|3||Winix Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner||24.3 lbs||16.5 x 8.9 x 21.9 inches|
|4||Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier||16.2 lbs||10 x 17.8 x 26.8 inches|
|5||Honeywell True Allergen Remover||21 lbs||24.5 x 22.5 x 13.6 inches|
|6||GermGuardian 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System||9 lbs||10.2 x 7 x 28 inches|
|7||Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier||7.9 lbs||7.7 x 4.3 x 40.1 inches|
|8||Dyson Pure Hot Cool Link Air Purifier - WiFi Enabled||8.4 lbs||8.7 x 6 x 24.9 inches|
|9||Honeywell AirGenius5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer||17.9 lbs||12.2 x 12.2 x 29.9 inches|
|10||OION Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier||3.6 lbs||17 x 7 x 6 inches|
Clearing pollutants from the air should not compromise your sense of style. Rabbit Air’s Ultra Quiet MinusA2 HEPA Air Purifier is rated the best air purifier for allergies by most clients who have used it because of adaptability and capability to complement all types of spaces. Using the customizable panel and air filters, you can now create the perfect home air quality for extra comfort.
Through the system is pricey, the cost is worth your home. It comes with four different filters that will clear all particles and leave the air clean and extra fresh.
- The toxins absorber filter: This filter helps to trap and clear all volatile organic compounds in the air.
- Odor clearing filter: Whether the neighbors’ kitchen’s smoke is getting into your house or have pets in the house, the odor filter will clear it completely to leave the house feeling fresh and enjoyable.
- Germ defense filter: This is a critical part of the air purifier because it helps to sanitize the air. The filter senses bacteria, molds, and viruses before clearing them from the air.
- Pet dander filter: This filter clears all pet related allergens so that users can comfortably enjoy the company of their animals without worrying of negative impacts.
By using the advanced BioGS filters, Medium Filters, Customized filter, and pre-filter on the air purifier, and automated sensors, Rabbit Air ensured that every person could avoid buildup of different pollutants. The six-stage purification process has proven to be extra effective and the device a top recommendation by medical experts.
- It is one of the best systems because it utilizes six filtration stages to clear all pollutants, pathogens, and odor
- The device is very stylish. It matches well with most interior décor designs for most homes
- It works perfectly well for medium to large areas
- It is highly energy efficient
- The air purifier is pricey
- It is heavy
Are you hypersensitive to allergens? What you need is a highly effective air purifier that can automatically sense all the allergens and clear them fast. While there are a number of options out there, the GermGuardian AC5350B Elite 4 stands out for its extra efficiency in clearing over 99.97% of all allergens.
The air purifier helps to capture most particles including the minute ones of as less as 0.3 microns. The effectiveness of this air purifier has made it a common recommendation to patients by Experts in Pediatric Allergy and Immunology. Whether you have medium to large rooms, the air filter will clear the pollutants fast and keep the house safe.
Pathogens pose a great threat to many people both in warmer and cold seasons. GermGuardian utilizes special UV-C technology to capture and kill bacteria, mold spores, and viruses. Besides, the filter guarantees users of better air quality by using the charcoal filter to clear odors from the kitchen, smoke, and pets.
Once you acquire the GermGuardian AC5350B Elite 4-in-1 Air Cleaning System, there is no need to worry about forgetting to turn it on. The easy to use controls allow the user to time the air purifier for up to 8 hours. You can, therefore, set the device to start running when the allergens are high or a few hours before getting home.
- The air purifier works well even for large rooms
- It comes with a filter change reminder and timer for easier control
- It has a long warranty of up to 5 years
- It clears most airborne particles and kills pathogens to keep the house safe and enjoyable
- It is very quiet
- Highly energy efficient
- It requires regular change of air filters to remain operational
For more than 40 years, Winix has stood out because of its focus on quality. The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner is one of the masterpieces that guarantee users of greater value for money compared to what they pay.
The air purifier uses five-stage purification that helps to clear all types of particles from the air. Using special filters, our review team found the air purifier to capture 99.9% of pollutants leaving the air fresh and enjoyable. Whether your house feels dusty or is adjacent to major blooms that release a lot of pollens, the air purifier will help to clear even particles as small as 0.3 microns.
To make this filter one of the best air purifier for smoke, Winix added special carbon filters that capture all particles from the kitchen and furnace. When the filters are combined with PlasmaWave technology that helps to capture and neutralize bacteria and viruses, your house will not be just fresh but also sanitized.
Often, many people find it difficult to tell what types of pollutants are in their home air. However, you do not have to worry when using the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner because it has automatic sensors that adjust the system depending on the particles in the air. This has made more people refer to the air purifier as an intelligent device for keeping them safe indoors.
- Fitted with washable sensors to keep your overall household expenses as low as possible
- Because of its smart sensors, the user is sure that all pollutants will be noted and cleared immediately
- The air purifier notifies you when the filter is used up and need cleaning or replacement
- Clears all bacteria and pathogens from the air for extra freshness
- The unit is very heavy and might be difficult to move from one room to another
Alen’s focus when designing this air purifier was informed by the need to provide an all-round device for homes. The air purifier utilizes two high-quality HEPA-Silver Filters to help clear all the allergens and other smaller particles from the air. With each filter removing more than 99.9% of air pollutants, the user is sure of enjoying extra clean indoor air after installing this air filter.
This air purifier is picked one of the best air purifiers 2017 because the filters are not just highly effective, but they also last for a very long period. Once you install the air purifier, it can last up to two years without requiring replacement. This helps to lower the cost of maintenance as low as possible.
Using WhisperMax technology, the air purifier extends its utility to canceling noise inside the house. If there are other unwanted sounds in the house disturbing you, the sensors fitted in the air purifier will cancel the unwanted vibrations so that you can enjoy a quiet night, an uninterrupted moment for yoga, or meditation.
- The device purifies air for a very large area
- It has longer lasting air filters – up to 2 years
- The air purifier does not simply eliminate pollutants; it also helps to cancel noise vibrations
- It is sold with a life warranty that guarantees you of clean air for a long time
- The air purifier uses double HEPA filters for enhanced efficiency
- It helps to clean air over a very wide area
- It is highly energy efficient
- Though this device is the best air purifier for allergies, it is very pricey
Honeywell purifiers have become very popular for most homes and professionals who want whole house purification. The Honeywell True Allergen Remover HPA300 is designed for perfection without raising your power bill. Its filters remove over 99.9% of air impurities including pet dander, pollen, cooking smoke, and mold spores.
Once the air is sucked into the machine, it is circulated through double filters that absorb the dirt particles and odor to keep the air fresh. By utilizing activated carbon filters, the air purifier works faster and will make the entire house (about 465 sq. feet) fresh in less than 30 minutes.
One unique quality of this air purifier is that it operates quietly so that you can leave it on and nap comfortably. Whether you are having an indoor activity or simply want to relax, this is one air purifier that will never disappoint.
While many air purifiers are increasingly becoming complex, Honeywell ensured that this model is fitted with simple to use controls. The tap electronic controls and turbo clean setting allows you to time the purifier to run for 2, 4, or 8 hours. The filters are also replaced electronically so that the user need not open the system.
- The air purifier is priced affordably
- It helps to clear most allergens in the house
- Very easy to use and get perfect results
- It is one of the quietest air purifiers out there
- It helps to purify the air on a very large area faster
- Very easy to use
- Does not sanitize the air like other top air purifiers in the market
When you set out looking for the best air purifier, it is prudent to extend the search beyond common particulates removal by factoring other harmful air components. This GermGuard AC5000E 3-in 1 Air Cleaning System is designed to sanitize the air and deliver more than any client can anticipate. Because of its great efficiency and extra-long warranty, this is one of our top recommendations.
The air filter uses True HEPA filters that capture over 99.7% of allergens and dust. The filters are highly effective and will remove pollens and small mold spores of 0.3 microns. This is enough to keep safe even people who are extra sensitive to allergens.
Following many years of research, GemGuardian designed and adopted a unique charcoal filter that traps bad odors from smoke, pets, and molds. Therefore, your home will be free from smoke particles from kitchen, cigarettes, and other sources to feel extra fresh all the time.
The main thing that keeps every person who purchases this piece extra satisfied is its ability to clear pathogens from the air. The UV-C light technology uses Titanium Dioxide to kill mold spores, bacteria, viruses, and other airborne germs from the air. Whether it is in summer when a lot of germs and molds are airborne, or you have a sensitive child/senior, the GemGuardian will keep them free from most airborne dangers.
- It uses strong filters that last for a long time before requiring replacement
- Fitted with 3-speed controls that help to clean the air in the house at preferred rates
- Energy Star certified to increase efficiency
- Long warranty of 5 years
- ARB certified
- Helps to clear both air particles, allergens, and pathogens
- Very light and compact for extra portability
- The machine is relatively noisy
- It requires extra care to avoid damaging the delicate system and controls
The Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier made it to appear in this list because of its smart features, unique design, efficiency and low weight. This air purifier helps to remove over 99.9% of air pollutants in the house using 360 degrees HEPA filters and activated carbon filters positioned at the base.
Using a two-stage filtration process, the user is sure of clearing both large and smaller dust particles as low as 0.3 microns. Using its intelligent setting, the air purifier senses different pollutants and switches to the right mode to clear them promptly.
This piece stood out from others because of its ability to link with your smartphone using the Google App. This means that you can monitor the ambient air quality right from the smartphone even when away from home. Besides, you can control the air purifier from the smartphone to keep the house fresh and free from all pollutants.
By designing the air purifier with extra light materials, the user can carry it easily from one section of the house to another. Besides, it is also easy to clean because it does not feature fast spinning blades. Whether you are new to air purifiers or have used other models previously, this is one of the easiest devices to operate, maintain, and enjoy high value for money.
- The air purifier helps to keep the air clean and free from odors
- Unlike other models, this air purifier can be controlled through the smartphone
- It is extra light for enhanced portability
- The automatic mode helps to sense pollutants and clear them from the air
- If the air purifier is used intensively, you will have to replace the air filters more often
For people who love to enjoy more from their air purifiers, this is perhaps the best bet. It was rated among the best air purifiers in 2017 because it utilizes a 3-in-1 model to keep the house fresh and free from all pollutants. The review team found this piece to be very reliable because it also helps to heat or cool the house to make it extra comfortable for the occupant.
The model uses HEPA filters that clear over 99.9% of all allergens and other pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. Once the dust and other allergens are cleared, the air purifier also removes harmful toxins and bad odors to leave the house healthy and really fresh.
When you buy this air purifier, Dyson will also provide its operational app that helps to link it with your smartphone. Using the app, the user can monitor the app and take full control. You can also follow the local air quality metrics for updates on allergens and other pollutants to use the right settings.
- The air purifier is one of its kinds because it clears the pollutants and also helps to cool or heat the house
- You can clear the pollutants including pathogens up to 99.9%
- The air purifier is very easy to clean and maintain
- By linking the air purifier app with the smartphone, the user can follow the house air quality at all times
- Though the light design is an advantage, it makes the air purifier easy to fall whether placed on the floor or bench
Honeywell designed the AirGenius5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer to help people shopping on a budget to enjoy fresh and pollutant free ambient air. The air purifier comes with a permanent and washable filter and is energy star rated to raise efficiency and guarantee better results. The QuietCklean ifd filters help to remove more than 99.9% of air pollutants including small particles of 0.3 microns.
The air purifier works on a vast area of up to 250 square feet which is enough to most homes. Using the five clean settings (max, general, allergen, germ, and sleep), the user can optimize the air purifier operations depending on the type of pollutant in the house. When these settings are combined with intelligent operations, the review team found that you can always identify the specific allergen and switch to the right mode.
With the AirGenius5 Air Cleaner/Odor Reducer, you can set the timer to go on or off during specific times. If the dust levels, allergens, or smoke particles peak at specific times, you can time the purifier to start at the same time. This guarantees the house occupants of clean air free from pathogens at all times.
- The machine is sold at a very low price without compromising performance
- It is very quiet to avoid disturbance even when people are in the house
- The filters are washable to keep the cost of maintenance low
- It is very efficient in power consumption
- It comes with easy to use controls and timer for automated operations
- The air filter weighs 17.9 pounds which make it difficult to move from one section to another
This is one of the cheapest yet highly effective air purifier you can perhaps get out there. It’s design and capability that rivals other more expensive models make it a perfect bet for those who want more for less. Using the special electrostatic ionizer purification, the machine helps to clear most pollutants from the air. Using this technology, the air purifier helps to clear mold, allergens, pet dander, and odors of as less as 0.01 microns.
For people who live in areas with volatile organic compounds the best way to sense and clear them is using activated carbon filtration. This air filter uses Ozone power and carbon filtration to remove all volatile organic compounds. By combining the Ozone filtration power with the UVGIO technology, this air purifier will also kill most airborne germs such as bacteria and viruses.
- The air purifier is one of the cheapest yet highly effective
- It clears both pollutants and sanitizes the air
- The purifier is very quiet
- The device is very light and easy to move from one room to the next one
- Because it uses UVG IO technology, the air purifier does not require regular filter changes
- It is very easy to set and achieve the targeted air quality standards
- It has a blue light that remains on all the time. This could be disturbing to some people
- The device only works within a very small area. You will need to keep moving it from one section to another for whole house air purification
Answers to Common Questions When Buying Air Purifiers
1) Why do I need an air filter in the house?
The main reason that makes people go for air purifiers is to clear pollutants in the indoor air. However, if you are allergic/ have family members who are sensitive to allergens, the air purifier will be more important. Note that the air purifier will further help to keep overall family costs low by slashing medical related bills, lost man working hours, and damage to interior décor installations by pollutants.
2) What is the best brand of air purifier in the market today?
Over the last 50 years, many brands have entered the market with great air purifiers. Some of the top brands for clients should consider include Alen Corporation, GermGuardian, Rabbit Air, OION, Winix, and Honeywell among others. Remember that it is important to carefully evaluate specific air purifiers as opposed to picking an item because a specific manufacturer simply makes it.
3) Which is the best type of air purifier filter?
Most air purifiers use filters to trap pollutants and allergens from the air. The best are the HEPA filters because they remove most pollutants. It is important to pick the air purifiers that have additional filters such as carbon activated filters to clear odors and allergens.
4) What is the right budget for an air conditioner?
The amount you are willing to spend is crucial in determining the air purifier of choice. Though there are highly effective air purifiers at lower budgets, those priced higher are of better quality, come with longer warranties, and guarantee users of higher value for money.
5) What specific factors should I look for when picking a good air purifier?
Before one can say with certainty that this is the best air purifier, it is important to look at the following factors;
- Ability to clear pollutants over a wide area (consider the area of your house).
- If you will need to move the air purifier regularly, it is important to pick the one that is relatively light.
- High energy efficiency to avoid raising the power bills with a huge margin.
- Ease of use.
- Ability to customize the air purifier.
- Ability to clear pollutants, allergens, and pathogens.
- Ability to access and control the air purifier through your smartphone.
6) What length of warranty should I consider when selecting an air purifier?
A good air purifier should come with a long warranty. This will be crucial in ensuring that the cost of maintenance remains as low as possible after acquiring and installing the device. Though some give life warranties, anything above 36 months should be acceptable.
7) What level of customer support should I look for when buying an air purifier?
The best air purifiers stand out because of one thing; good customer support. Just like other electronics, the manufacturer and dealer should be there to help clients understand and use the devices optimally. The support channels to consider should be direct phone lines, social media support, live chats, and email lines.
8) What is the ease of replacement parts availability?
One reality that you must contend with when acquiring an air purifier is that it will breakdown at some point. Therefore, it is important to interrogate whether the spares for the selected device are available in the market. If they are available, replacing them for optimal performance will be easy and fast. However, your best home air purifier will be rendered useless if the spares are not available.
Ensure that the seller also stocks or commits to getting every replacement part that might be needed in future.
9) What other uses can I expect from a great air purifier?
While the primary role of the air purifier is helping to clear pollutants from the air, it is possible to extend these functionalities. Here, you should consider related functionalities such as noise reduction, allergens removal, heating, cooling and interior décor.