Are you planning to buy a vacuum cleaner? One of the main questions is how to pick the best for your home. To help you identify the best canister vacuums 2017, this post brings you a complete review of top 10 selections that guarantee you greater efficiency, flexibility, and higher value for money.
Many vacuum cleaners are designed to help with dirt, debris and dirt removal on hard surfaces, though some are also capable of cleaning carpets. Though you can get highly effective cleaners for less than $1500, other more expensive models that come with allergens removal might be pricier. The best canister vacuum 2017 is all that you need to identify the ideal piece for your home.
Best Canister Vacuums 2017
|Canister Vacuum Name||Weight||Bagged/ |
|1||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal||17.6 lbs||Bagless||12.1 x 15.7 x 13.7 inches|
|2||Miele Classic C1 Olympus||12.9 lbs||Bagged||18.2 x 8.7 x 11 inches|
|3||Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe||9.1 lbs||Bagless||10.7 x 13.2 x 8.7 inches|
|4||Hoover Quiet Performance Bagged||14 lbs||Bagged||13.6 x 12.8 x 22.7 inches|
|5||Electrolux EL4335A Corded Ultra Flex||11.6 lbs||Bagless||13 x 11.5 x 20 inches|
|6||Miele S2121 Olympus||13 lbs||Bagged||9.4 x 22.7 x 15.2 inches|
|7||Dyson Ball Compact Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner||13.8 lbs||Bagless||20.4 x 13.7 x 15.7 inches|
|8||Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition||19.4 lbs||Bagged||8.9 x 19.2 x 10.8 inches|
|9||New Miele Complete C3 Alize||19.4 lbs||Bagless||19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 inches|
|10||Bissell Hard Floor Expert Multi-Cyclonic Bagless||8.3 lbs||Bagless||12.9 x 19.2 x 15 inches|
The Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum by Dyson has made it to the top of our list because of its unique design and high performance. The canister vacuum is designed with three special tips that separate small dust particles that clog other vacuums. This makes it ideal for removing both rough and fine dirt such as pollen.
To make the canister vacuum cleaner more effective, Dyson utilized its many years in vacuum suction technology to adopt the latest designs that do not require the use of filters. This means that the user does not have to worry that the filter is used up or need cleaning. It is, therefore, economical and highly effective for any home whether with minor or major cleaning needs.
One of the main reasons that this machine made it to the list of the best canister vacuums in the market today is its unique litter handling model. Because it is bagless, you do not have to incur unnecessary costs on new bags. Besides, the dirt chamber fits well into the emptying bin so that all the dirt is cleared from below without soiling your hands.
It is not uncommon for many canister vacuum cleaners to fall as you clean surfaces in the house. However, the ball-like base of the Dyson Cinetic Bag Animal Vacuum helps it to lift itself back to position. This is very crucial because it reduces the risk of damage and you need not waste time picking it up.
- The carbon fibers allow it to be used for both hard and soft surfaces
- It features counter-rotating heads that have brushes to remove dirt even from carpet fibers and upholstery
- The design allows the canister vacuum to get up after getting toppled
- Its unique hygiene dust emptying system makes it possible to empty dirt without soiling the hands
- It is a certified allergy and asthma friendly model
- The canister vacuum cleaner weighs 17.4 pounds which is relatively weighty to move around especially up the stairs
The Miele Classic C1 Olympic Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a perfect example for cleaning most surfaces in the house. The Classic FiberTeq floor tool makes it possible to clean low-pile carpets and smooth flooring. With a single flip of the switch, you can comfortably transition from cleaning the carpet to floor.
To make your home exemplary clean, you must be able to reach and clean the edges at the furthest section of the ceiling or other narrow openings. The Classic C1 Olympus comes with a longer electrical cord that extends to a total distance of 29.5 feet. Therefore, you can clean most sections of the house from one room to another without changing the socket.
The effectiveness of any canister cleaner is mainly gauged on its capability to remove dirt faster from most surfaces. The Classic C1 Olympus has a VarioClip with three accessories to help you clean delicate items, upholstery, and hard-to-reach areas. Whether it is dust accumulating in the corners or cobwebs behind the wardrobe, you simply select the right accessory.
The unique filtration system of the Classic C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner captures most of the dirt particles from the surfaces in your house. Besides, it also features a large collection bag that allows the user to clean the entire house before emptying the dirt.
- Features a variable speed motor with a retail deal
- Used for cleaning both hard floors and low pile carpet
- Longer power cord that makes it easy to reach all areas in the house conveniently
- Multiple cleaning brushes for rags and surfaces
- Light in weight for extra portability
- It does not clear all allergens from the system
- The canister vacuum cleaner price is on the higher end
- It is not ideal for medium-pile carpeting
- Lacks a hard brush dedicated for hard floors
Bissel went to a great extent when crafting this vacuum cleaner to guarantee users of top quality and value for money. This canister vacuum cleaner is meant to make your cleaning easier, more efficient, and fun.
The design delivers a lot of cleaning power with specialized brushes that loosen and sucks all the dirt from both soft and hard surfaces in the house. This makes it one of the most preferred especially for homes because you can clean even delicate surfaces without damaging them.
Your cleaning will cease being a boring task to a lovely undertaking because of the canister’s easy to use controls. The digital controls are well positioned on the handle so that you can easily transition from delicate suction on upholstery to hard-to-scrub sections of the floor.
The dirt tank is carefully positioned to make dirt collection easy and reduce clogging. Besides, it opens uniquely from the bottom to avoid messing your hands when emptying. You will also like the big size of the dust container that allows users to work for many hours without requiring emptying.
Unlike the common argument that vacuum cleaners are light duty equipment, the Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum has stood out for its ability to clear even tough stains. By switching to the hard bristles, the cleaner will loosen even the toughest stains before sucking all the dirt.
Using the telescopic wand, the Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum allows the user to reach even the furthest sections of the ceiling, curtain, and stairs. This makes the cleaner an ideal tool for cleaning the entire house.
- Ideal for cleaning both soft and hard surfaces
- The wheels have felt trends to avoid leaving marks on the floor
- Easy to control and use whether cleaning hard surfaces or delicate sections
- It is compact and lightweight for better portability
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble
- Sold with a long warranty of 2 years
- It is one of the priciest in the market today
- The power cable is relatively short, and you will have to change sockets when cleaning a wider area
Hoover has stood out as a formidable force in designing cleaning equipment. Hoover’s focus on quality and use of latest technology to make home cleaning effectively are clearly evident with this canister vacuum cleaner. With this cleaner, users are sure of enjoying greater attachments to the task and homes.
The canister vacuum cleaner uses steerable technology that makes it possible to swivel around objects. With just a flick of the wrist, you can now reach hidden sections, curved parts, and clean even behind the wardrobes.
To make cleaning more enjoyable, Hoover used WindTunnel 3 Technology that creates three levels of suction. This means that you can clean different surfaces by changing the settings. You can opt to simply lift dirt, clear debris, or suction deeply embedded dust.
Depending on the type of the surface being cleaned and type of dirt, the canister vacuum cleaner allows you to alter performance with special controls. It is fitted with 5-speed suction control to allow you go gently when cleaning delicate upholstery and curtains or full throttle when scrubbing the floor.
The canister vacuum cleaner uses HEPA media that helps to trap even very small particles including allergens like pollen. With the cleaner, you can clear dust down to 0.3 microns. This makes the vacuum cleaner a perfect choice for people with allergies.
- Comes with a telescopic extension wand to help reach the furthest sections of the ceiling and even corners
- The cleaner is only 14 pounds which make it relatively easy to carry around the house when cleaning
- Easy to use when cleaning multiple surfaces
- The filters are HEPA recommended to clear even the finest particles
- The collection bag is relatively small such that a cleaner requires emptying after a few hours
The Electrolux EL4335A Corded Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum has won praise from far and wide because of its design that guarantees premium results. It is ideal especially when cleaning plush sea grass or animal skin designed carpets.
The brush roll clean technology used on the equipment helps to keep the brush clean and remove all the tangles to reduce clogging. This means that you can continue cleaning with the vacuum cleaner without worrying of clogging that lowers efficiency in other models.
This canister vacuum cleaner comes with versatile tools that help to alternate cleaning tasks. The dusting brush and crevice tools are perfectly positioned on the handle to ease access and make cleaning the stairs, ceiling, and hidden corners easy. Besides, the versatile tools also include the base floor nozzle and an upholstery nozzle to clean more surfaces.
The unique motion control system with a bigger rear wheel makes it easy to control movement when working on twists and turns. This makes cleaning surfaces under the cupboards, behind the pillars, and extended curtains easy and fast. Remember to adjust the suction levels when cleaning surfaces that require varying suction levels.
To extend the fun that comes from using a high-performance vacuum cleaner, Electrolux included an easy-empty technology. The dirt holding container has a bottom cap that opens to release all the dirt without letting it escape into the air. You are, therefore, sure that the hands will not be soiled when emptying the dirt.
The canister vacuum cleaner is categorized among the top because it uses washable HEPA filters that remove over 99.9% of all particles and allergens. If you have a pet or live near blooming flowers or vegetation, this equipment will not disappoint.
- It uses a washable filter to keep the cost of maintenance low
- It utilizes three level height adjustments to make it easy to reach even hidden areas in the house and crevices
- The light design makes it easy to carry from one section of the house to another including upstairs
- It can be stored in a horizontal or vertical manner to minimize space requirements
- The power cord is relatively short which compromises the reach even with the extended hose
Since 1989, Miele has remained a household brand with its exceptional focus on quality for every product. The S2121 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner is fitted with a Classic FiberTeQ floor tool that is a great option to cleanup a smooth floor, rugs, and low-pile carpeting. This feature enables users to change from cleaning floors to carpets by simply toggling a switch.
Using this canister cleaner, you can work on a wide area because of its extended stainless steel wand and long electric cord that reach a combined radius of 29.5 feet. When this is combined with an automatic rewind system, the user can clean the entire house and rewind by simply pressing a button.
One thing that Miele got right with this equipment is ensuring that it can clean all types of surfaces in the house. The VarioClip contains three accessories including the Crevice muzzle for cleaning the carpet and floor, upholstery tool, and dusting brush for reaching even hidden crevices.
To ensure that your cleaning exercise is more enjoyable, the XXL handle comes with an easy to handle grip to reach even the furthest sections with little strain. Besides, the 6-stage suction adjustment helps to make cleaning easy, faster, and more convenient. Make sure to select the correct suction level to avoid damaging brittle surfaces.
By weighing only 13 pounds and featuring a top positioned handle, the user can easily move this vacuum cleaner from one section to another. Besides, the parts are easy to disassemble and assemble for storage or use to enhance their efficiency.
- It is very light and easy to move from room to another
- Can be used to clean multiple surfaces including hard floors, rugs and soft curtains
- Its long hose and power cable makes cleaning easy, fast, and enjoyable
- The canister vacuum cleaner helps to remove allergens and keep your house feeling fresh and healthy
- The canister cleaner is relatively delicate and can break down easily when mishandled
If you are searching for a canister vacuum cleaner that can remove more allergens from the house and leave it feeling very fresh, the Ball Compact Animal Canister Vacuum cleaner from Dyson might be the ideal pick. It is designed with unique features that capture all the fine pollen and pet hairs from different surfaces.
The canister vacuum cleaner is fitted with a 2-tier radial cyclone that helps increase air flow for stronger suction. Whether you are working on a very dirty surface seat or carpets with hidden animal hairs, the enhanced suction will pick them with ease.
Dyson further included carbon fiber floor tool that has special filaments to pick all types of dirt. Make sure to select the right mode for better performance. Though the cleaner will work fine on most surfaces at home, it is ideal for people with pets at home.
The collection bin is positioned at the bottom to make emptying easy and fast. Though it is significantly large to allow you clean the entire house, the process of emptying is equally simple. You only press the button to release the dirt from the lower fitted cap. You will not get soiled, and no dust will escape into the air.
To make your work easier and more convenient, Dyson used extra light but strong materials that make the cleaner light and durable. When these qualities are combined with the compact design, it becomes very easy to move from one room to another or store the canister cleaner.
- It has a long warranty of up to 5 years
- Ball technology helps to turn on the cleaner’s dime for greater control
- It is light and compact for extra portability and storage
- The canister cleaner clears most allergens from the house surfaces
- It is less effective when cleaning surfaces with stubborn stains
- It is one of the priciest pieces on the market today
The Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition is designed to bring a sense of style to user’s homes during cleaning. Because of its enhanced comfort, any member of the family can clean the house and achieve excellent results.
Using the STB205-3 Turbo Comfort-Turbo Brush, the cleaner has a rotating roller brush that loosens dirt in all surfaces. The toughened bristles will loosen even stubborn stains and suck dust into the container. Here, it is important to be extra careful especially when cleaning delicate surfaces such as curtains to avoid damaging the fibers.
By featuring an AllTeQ Combination floor tool, you can easily change the settings depending on the surface being cleaned. Using a Rotary Dial, you can easily transition from cleaning smooth surfaces to rugs. The controls are made easier with a 6-speed setting to help clear all dirt in most surfaces.
To make your house completely clean and free from allergens, it is important to reach even the hidden sections. This canister vacuum cleaner has a long telescopic, stainless steel wand to reach even the underside of the chair, cupboard, ceiling, and crevices. With the cleaner, you do not just suck the visible dust, but clears even the invisible particles on hidden surfaces.
The Complete C2 Limited Edition has one of the best filters that will capture over 99.9% of air particles. Besides, the filter lasts longer to keep trapping dust for longer without replacement.
- It has three integrated accessories to clean different surfaces. The accessories are carefully fitted on the handle for easier access.
- The rug and nozzle combination provides a clear 180 degrees rotation for enhanced ergonomics
- The 3D number on the crevice nozzle helps to protect cleaner to make it easier to use and extend the lifespan
- It has a long vacuuming extension reaching an optimal of 33 feet with a retractable switch
- It is relatively heavy especially when you need to work up and down the stairs
- It is expensive
This is the latest canister vacuum cleaner in the market from Miele. Miele focused on perfecting every aspect of the previous models to guarantee users of highest possible value. While the canister vacuum cleaner is no doubt one of the most expensive, you are assured of high value for money.
The machine uses that SBD650-3 airTeq floor brush for streamlining airflow to guarantee uninterrupted cleaning when you shift from smooth to hard floors. The user can, therefore, clean all the surfaces continuously by simply pressing the button to select the right switch.
Be featuring a spotlight handle; the user can illuminate the sections being cleaned for clear visibility. This makes it possible to clean even the areas with poor visibility or even at night.
The canister vacuum cleaner is very easy to use with its 6-speed settings on the footswitch. Depending on the nature of the surface being cleaned, you can increase or decrease the suction level by simply pressing (+) or (-).
By featuring integrated accessories in the Complete C3 Calima that features an upholstery tool, dusting brush, and crevice nozzle, the user is sure of cleaning all types of surfaces in the house. Besides, the tools are carefully positioned on the handle to make accessibility easy and fast.
- The machine uses a very silent motor with 6-speed controls. This makes it very silent to allow you enjoy music or avoid disturbing other people when cleaning.
- It uses HEPA filters that help to remove all the allergens from the surfaces in the house
- By featuring an extra-long hose, the user is sure of reaching all sections of the house including hidden parts of the ceiling
- Spotlight handle makes it easy to illuminate dusty sections
- Fitted with air filled wheels and suspension to reduce pressure and markings on the floor
- At 19.4 pounds, the machine is weighty and relatively difficult to move around
- It is one of the most expensive cleaners in the market today
When Bissell designed this canister vacuum cleaner, the aim was to come up with economical equipment without compromising efficiency. The vacuum cleaner is powerful equipment with great maneuverability to make cleaning easy and enjoyable.
The equipment comes with a turbine foot attachment that has tough bristles for removing stubborn stains. Whether it is dirt accumulating on the corners or stubborn stains on the floor, the cleaner will scrub and clear it completely.
Using expert multi-cyclonic technology, the cleaner picks all the dirt including very fine dust, debris and pet hairs. For people with very sensitive respiratory systems, the vacuum cleaner will clear all allergens without damaging your lovely floor.
Once the dirt/debris container is full, it is very easy to empty. By opening the lower section, you can simply pour the dirt and continue cleaning. This is very helpful because you are sure of completing the cleaning task without soiling the hands or apparel.
One unique characteristic of this canister vacuum cleaner is the retractable cord. By simply pushing a button, it retracts completely to a small compact unit for easy storage. Whether it is during a cleaning process of storage, the Bissell Hard Floor Expert Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Canister Vacuum, 1547 – Corded will deliver more than you asked.
- The rounded base makes the machine to get its way up after tipping over
- The canister vacuum cleaner is sold affordably
- The large dirt collection bin allows cleaning for more hours without having to regularly empty
- Its ultra-light design makes movement easy and convenient
- The canister cleaner holds additional cleaning tools to make it easy to change from one task to another
- The machine is very quiet to work with which allows you to clean without disturbing or other occupants
- The power and suction hose are relatively short compared to other top canister vacuum cleaners
8 Tips for Picking the Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner
1. Train your focus on the best canister vacuum cleaners’ filter
The filter in a canister vacuum cleaner helps to trap dust from the air sucked into the machine before releasing it back into the room. If you go for the disposable filters, you will need to keep replacing them once they are used up.
Many people prefer using the washable filters because they last longer and do not come with additional expenses. If you are extra sensitive to allergens, it is advisable to go for HEPA filters that are designed to remove even pollen from the house surfaces.
2. Understand the difference between bagged and bagless cleaners
A bagged vacuum means that you toss the bag when full of dirt. However, a bagless model means that you have to empty the container every time it is full. Though the bagged vacuum is less messy, you will incur additional costs for replacing the bags.
3. Consider the time you will be cleaning surfaces
If you will be cleaning the surfaces away from the main socket for a couple of minutes, it is advisable to go for the cordless models. However, a corded canister vacuum is ideal when you are doing intensive tasks that can last longer. If you opt for the cordless canister vacuum, it is prudent to check the battery life to avoid dying out before completing tasks.
4. Look for the best canister vacuums with greater portability
The best canister vacuum cleaner should be light in weight and designed with easy to use handles. On average, a vacuum canister should weigh about 14 lbs. If it is very heavy; you might find it difficult to carry upstairs or outdoors.
5. Pick a canister vacuum with a big dust bag
Once a cleaning exercise commences, no one wants to get disturbed before it is over. It is, therefore, prudent to select the canister vacuum cleaner with a big dust bag to hold all the dirt during a cleaning exercise.
6. Factor the number of tasks that you need to do with the canister vacuum
The best canister vacuum should be able to do multiple cleaning tasks. Though you might just need a canister vacuum to only clean the floor, you will get a higher value by selecting the model that can suck dust from blinds, remove cobwebs from corners, clean the house ceiling blades, and pick cat litter from a hardwood floor.
7. Look for canister vacuums that come with longer warranties
Once you start using the identified canister vacuum cleaner, various parts will progressively depreciate and require replacement. The best product should come with longer warranties to guarantee clients of higher value for money. Some companies offer warranties of up to 5 years.
8. Go for quality as opposed to simply picking the cheapest
While the issue of the cost is no doubt very tricky because it depends on how much one is willing to spend, it is advisable to go for quality. Though some cheaper models work pretty well, the higher priced models have proven to be of higher quality, come with longer warranties, and deliver greater value for money.